Bairo Pite Clinic (BPC) is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Information we collect
When you become a donor or supporter of BPC, you will be asked to provide personal information about yourself. This will either be done through a supporters application form, a donation form or though the supporters sign up page on our website. In general, the information we collect and hold may include:
- your name;
- your occupation;
- your postal address;
- your email address; and
- your phone number.
You may be given the opportunity to provide further information regarding yourself or your interests in BPC but the provision of this information is purely voluntary.
BPC will hold your personal information in a database.
How we use and disclose your information
Any personal information that we collect about you is collected, held, used and disclosed by us to:
- process your donation;
- keep you informed of our activities and advise you of events and functions organised by us or any organisation whose purpose is similar to ours;
- assess your application and contact you regarding volunteering if you indicate interest in working as a volunteer for BPC ; and
- assess your interest and contact you if you enquire re working in a paid capacity,
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our agents (including volunteers), contractors, related companies and organisations and external organisations who provide services to us, such as event organisers, mailing houses or IT support services to allow us to do the things set out above.
- other organisations who share our purposes, such as the Australian Foundation for the Peoples of Asia and the Pacific Limited (AFAP); and
- other major funders and donors including Government agencies in Australia and Timor – Leste.
The personal information will be disclosed to these other organisations, funders and donors, where it will assist BPC to fundraise and provide services to Bairo Pite Clinic, Dili, Timor – Leste.
In some cases, these organisations or donors may be in countries other than Australia including Timor – Leste.
How we hold your information
BPC takes reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is stored securely, having regard to its nature and source.
Visitors to our website
Contact, access or complaints
If you wish to make contact us for any other reason, including to request access to your personal information, to seek correction of your information or to make a complaint, you can do so as follows:
Dr Chris Fenton, Managing Director, Bairo Pite Clinic at [email protected] or telephone + 61 (0)421 220 783.
If you make a complaint, a representative of BPC will contact you as soon as possible to ensure that we have sufficient detail about the nature of your compliant to action it. Your complaint will be referred to the Managing Director who will contact you as soon as practicable after that to resolve your complaint.
This policy was last updated in May 2014.